What is CDS?
The UPSC organizes CDS twice a year to enroll the eligible candidates into the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officer Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Indian Air force Academy. CDS has an OTA branch for candidates with non-science and mathematics background. Aspirants are advised to keep checking the previous year’s paper to prepare better for the examination.
The candidates who will qualify for the written exam will be called for the SSB interview. This examination is divided into two stages- written and interview. The CDS exam is conducted in three tiers – written, interview, and medical, and the students are selected based on the same.
The written exam comprises of two papers- English and General Awareness for (For Females)
English, Mathematics, and General Awareness (For Males).
Before applying, you must ensure your eligibility, as only those who have satisfied the eligibility condition are eligible to write the exam. The NDA eligibility criteria are given below:
- Must be a citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1962 intending to settle in India permanently,
- A candidate of Indian nationality migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan & East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam are eligible to sit in the examination.
Gender, Age & Marital Status-
- Females are eligible for OTA. Males are eligible for OTA, IMA, AFA, INF
- Candidates appearing for the examination should be 19-24 years of age.
- Divorced women are eligible to apply for the examination.
- Male divorcees/ widowers are not considered unmarried, so they are not treated as eligible candidates.
Indian Military Academy: 19-24 years
Air Force Academy: 19-24 years
Naval Academy: 19-22 years
- Officers’ Training Academy: 19-27 years
- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent for IMA and OTA
- B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engg for Naval Academy
- B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engg for Air Force Academy
- For the CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream, but for entry to Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12.
- Candidates studying in the final year degree course and who have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply for the CDS Exam.
- A candidate must be of sound health both physically and mentally.
- A candidate who has been retired or withdrawn on any disciplinary ground from any of the training academies of the Armed Forces is not eligible to apply for the CDS examination.
What do we provide?
- The lab facility where a candidate will find all the reference study material./
- Exam Oriented classes
- Disciplined lifestyle
- Doubt Sessions and Weekly Revisions
- Ready-Made Study Materials and Notes
- Training for written, physical, and SSB interview
- 100% Assured Selection.
CDS Fees Structure:
|4 Months||8 Months||Till Selection|
|INR 25,000||INR 45,000||INR 75,000|